I got this article from Thought Catalog and I wanted to post it here to remind me that it's okay if I look selfish to other people because I love myself more. lol.
15 Things You No Longer Have To Apologize for by Rania Naim
1. Don’t apologize for being real in a world where being real only gets you so far.
2. Don’t apologize for cutting toxic people out of your life no matter how long you have known them, how close you were or even if you are related.
3. Don’t apologize for ignoring their text message after going months without hearing from them.
4. Don’t apologize for posting that quote or song or article that may offend some people, post them and tell those people to get over themselves.
5. Don’t apologize for being a little bit more guarded.
6. Don’t apologize for deciding not to love someone who did you wrong.
7. Don’t apologize for neglecting people who only need you when it’s convenient for them.
8. Don’t apologize for the painful things you said, because if they can say it, why can’t you?
9. Don’t apologize for trusting all the wrong people, because they taught you that some people may seem to want all the best for you, but when you get it, they want to take it away.
10. Don’t apologize for celebrating even if there is nothing to celebrate, because fun should not be tied to certain occasions, people, achievements or materials.
11. Don’t apologize for not keeping things to yourself anymore — get it off your chest so you can breathe again.
12. Don’t apologize for calling someone out, it is your right to set boundaries in every relationship.
13. Don’t apologize for putting yourself first, because let’s face it — someone had to.
14. Don’t apologize for being an adult who is still learning what matters, who matters, and which direction to go.
15. Don’t apologize for simply becoming who you are meant to be.